- He started his career within the water industry working for Infrastructure Gateway Ltd in 2013, where he began as Business Development Consultant. Originally brought in to help out in the sales and marketing team and having analysed the business processes and people within the Company and reporting back his vision for IGL, he was offered a staff management and development role.
- Using his staff management experience gained through forty years within the both the commercial and private sectors, Michael was able to help further develop the human resource management of IGL and help to double the size of the team through recruitment, selection and deselection of suitable candidates to enhance our core staff.
- Michael has instigated and oversees the procurement and running of the Company’s fleet vehicles, insurance and tracking systems.
- Michael has led the implementation of Infranet, our bespoke document management system and managed the relocation of Infrastructure Gateway Ltd to our new Vantage House head office in the western quarter of Kettering’s prestigious Kettering Venture Park development.
- A high level of negotiation skills;
- The ability to maintain high standards whilst minimising costs;
- Highly organised with ability to prioritise and close down issues;
- Effective at working from own initiative as well as a valued member of the Team of Directors;
- A good understanding of staff management to include human resources, absenteeism management and the Company’s Induction Programme and Staff Appraisal System Schemes;
- Leads by example on dedication, commitment, enthusiasm and consistency;
- A good communicator of good news and bad alike to all people from employees to employers;
- Tenacious and loyal.